I have a stock in cash/demat and I want to sell it, please suggest how to proceed
How should I know from which exchange I brought this so that I can sell to the same exchange (NSE/BSE)?
- Likes(1) Comments(1) Login and view more
ICICIdirect Executive Thank you for the query. We would like to inform you that to place a sell order:
1. Login into your ICICI Direct Account.
2. Allocate Shares for trading through Demat Allocation link .
3. Click on the link Sell.
4. Mention the Stock Code in the field. If you do not know the Stock code enter two initial letters of the stock and click Find Stock Code.
5. Enter the Quantity, Type of Order. If it s a limit order mention the limit price. It should not exceed 16 % of the previous day close.
6. If the volume of the stock is huge you can mention the disclosed quantity which should not be more than 10% of the total quantity for which the order is being placed.
7. Click on the link Sell Now. You would get the Order Confirmation page. If you wish to modify the Order click on Back or you can Proceed with the order.
8. You can check the status in Order Book.
Notes: Shares bought in NSE cannot be sold in BSE on the same day. You will be able to sell these shares on the next day.
If shares in the TT segment have been purchased, you have to mandatorily take the delivery of shares hence you would not be able to sell on the same day.