What is the legal structure of mutual funds in India?
Mutual fund structure consist of five important entities:
1. Sponsor - Sponsor is the principal body, who brings the capital as per the guideline issued by SEBI to start a mutual fund. For example, in ICICI Prudential mutual fund, ICICI Bank and Prudential Plc. are the sponsors.
2. Trust & Trustee - Trust is created by sponsor and trustees are appointed to manage the operations of a trust. The trustees' job is to ensure that all the funds are managed as per the defined objective and investors' interest is protected.
3. Asset Management Company (AMC) - Trustee appoints AMC to manage the funds of the investors and, in return, get the fee to manage the fund.
4. Custodian - Custodian job is to the safekeeping of the investors' fund and securities and to ensure that it would be used for intended purpose only.
5. Registrar and Transfer Agent (RTA) - RTAs job is to manage the backend operation of the mutual fund and managing investors' transaction request requests and other related services.
Related Question >>
- Likes(0) Comments(0) Login and view more